This is a self-study course that can be started and stopped at your leisure!
SUMMARY OF COURSE CONTENT
This 4.5 hour CE course* will review the basic concepts of growth and development of the craniofacial complex and do a deeper dive into the following:
- The evolution of malocclusion.
- The relationship between airway and malocclusion.
- The impact of airway and breathing on systemic health.
- The various clinical and radiographic (including CBCT) indicators of airway obstruction and mouth breathing.
- The impact of orthodontic treatment on pediatric airway.
A particular focus will be paid to the importance of diagnosing the etiology of the malocclusion (i.e. a transverse discrepancy caused by the underlying airway compromise) instead of simply treating the symptom (i.e. crowding).
Multiple cases will be presented to demonstrate how minimally invasive, comfortable, efficient and profitable interceptive treatment can improve airway patency, decrease snoring and mouth breathing, and increase patient self-confidence. Parent/patient testimonials will be provided as well.
*DOC is a Certified CE Provider in the State of Florida
The primary educational objectives of this course are to:
- Review the evolution of malocclusion.
- Discuss the relationship between airway and malocclusion.
- Explain the impact of airway and breathing on systemic health.
- Explore the impact of interceptive orthodontic treatment on pediatric airway patency.
Case studies will be presented to demonstrate the effect that mouth breathing has on the growth of the craniofacial complex, as well as the redirection of growth that can be achieved with interceptive orthodontic treatment.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course Cost: $445
- CE Hours: 4.5
- Original Release Date: December 1, 2022
- Expiration Date: December 1, 2025
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: No refunds – all course purchases are final.
- Prior Experience Required: No
- Teaching Methods: Electronically Mediated Online Course
Michael K. DeLuke, DDS, MDS
Board Certified Orthodontist
President, DeLuke Orthodontics
Owner, DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching is a for-profit dental CE Provider
COURSE OUTLINE [Total Time: 4:33:19]
- Background [00:16:55]
- The Evolution of Malocclusion [00:10:03]
- The Relationship Between Airway and Malocclusion [00:23:36]
- The Impact of Airway and Breathing on Systemic Health [00:7:34]
- Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment and the Pediatric Airway [1:00:09]
- Premolar Extraction [00:18:27]
- The Solution [00:12:55]
- Case Samples
- Case 1 [00:11:41]
- Case 2 [00:25:16]
- Case 3 [00:25:12]
- Case 4 [00:13:29]
- Case 5 [00:16:19]
- Case 6 [00:21:03]
- Learning Assessment