SUMMARY OF COURSE CONTENT
This 4.5 hour CE course* will review the basic concepts of growth and development of the craniofacial complex and do a deeper dive into the following:
- The evolution of malocclusion.
- The relationship between airway and malocclusion.
- The impact of airway and breathing on systemic health.
- The various clinical and radiographic (including CBCT) indicators of airway obstruction and mouth breathing.
- The impact of orthodontic treatment on pediatric airway.
A particular focus will be paid to the importance of diagnosing the etiology of the malocclusion (i.e. a transverse discrepancy caused by the underlying airway compromise) instead of simply treating the symptom (i.e. crowding).
Multiple cases will be presented to demonstrate how minimally invasive, comfortable, efficient and profitable interceptive treatment can improve airway patency, decrease snoring and mouth breathing, and increase patient self-confidence. Parent/patient testimonials will be provided as well.
*DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching, LLC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.