SUMMARY OF COURSE CONTENT
This 6.75 hour CE course* will review:
- The importance of addressing the transverse dimension during orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning.
- The ideal time period to address a transverse discrepancy.
- The controversy surrounding interceptive/Phase I treatment, especially as it pertains to arch development.
- The numerous patient benefits of well-timed, well-orchestrated interceptive treatment.
- The different modalities of arch expansion.
- Rapid maxillary expansion with traditional Hyrax-type “expanders” will be contrasted with slow maxillary expansion using braces and wires to develop the arches.
- Multiple cases will be presented to demonstrate how minimally invasive, comfortable, efficient, and profitable interceptive treatment can resolve crowding, eliminate the need to extract premolars, increase patient self- confidence, and improve airway patency. Parent/patient testimonials will also be provided.
*DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching, LLC is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.