SUMMARY OF COURSE CONTENT
This 5 hour CE course* will review the diagnostic and treatment planning process for pre-adolescent patients, including:
- Taking outstanding clinical photographs.
- The value of low-dose CBCT images in the diagnosis and treatment planning process.
- Performing a thorough and comprehensive clinical examination.
- Evaluating hard and soft tissues on CBCT images, including the nasal passageways, sinuses, nasopharynx, oropharynx, adenoids and tonsils.
- Using the aforementioned diagnostic information to formulate a treatment plan involving arch development with braces and wires.
- Effectively communicating this diagnosis and treatment plan to the patient and parent(s) during the consultation.
- Scripting for team members will also be provided to assist them with both understanding the process of Phase I archwire development with braces and effectively communicating it to patients and parents.