SUMMARY OF COURSE CONTENT
This 6.75 hour CE course* will review:
- The importance of addressing the transverse dimension during orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning.
- The ideal time period to address a transverse discrepancy.
- The controversy surrounding interceptive/Phase I treatment, especially as it pertains to arch development.
- The numerous patient benefits of well-timed, well-orchestrated interceptive treatment.
- The different modalities of arch expansion.
- Rapid maxillary expansion with traditional Hyrax-type “expanders” will be contrasted with slow maxillary expansion using braces and wires to develop the arches.
- Multiple cases will be presented to demonstrate how minimally invasive, comfortable, efficient, and profitable interceptive treatment can resolve crowding, eliminate the need to extract premolars, increase patient self- confidence, and improve airway patency. Parent/patient testimonials will also be provided.