The primary educational objectives of this course are to:
- Review the literature as it pertains to the orthodontic movement of primary teeth as a means of developing the arches, creating space for the eruption of the permanent teeth, and lessening the severity of the developing malocclusion.
- Provide guidance in the following areas to maximize success when placing full braces on pre-adolescent patients in the early mixed dentition as part of interceptive orthodontic treatment:
- Patient management
- Materials to use to maximize bond strength and minimize formation of white-spot lesions
- Bracket placement technique to maximize adaptation of brackets to primary teeth
- Placement of bite ramps/turbos to dis-occlude the arches
- Home care instructions
- Review the types of braces (including prescriptions) and archwires that are most efficient and effective at developing the arches in the mixed dentition.
- Discuss “tips and tricks” to help troubleshoot the most commonly encountered challenges.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course Cost: $445
- DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching, LLC designates this activity for 4.5 continuing education credits.
- Original Release Date: February 27, 2023
- Expiration Date: February 27, 2025
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: No refunds – all course purchases are final.
- Teaching Methods: Electronically Mediated Online Course
- Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at CCEPR.ADA.org.
Michael K. DeLuke, DDS, MDS
Board Certified Orthodontist
President, DeLuke Orthodontics
Owner, DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching is a for-profit dental CE Provider