The primary educational objectives of this course are to:
- Explain the evolution of archwire technology and its practical implications in clinical orthodontics, especially as it pertains to developing the arches of pre-adolescent patients.
- Review the amount of force needed to expand the palate of pre-adolescent patients and compare the amount of force delivered with rapid versus slow expansion.
- Explain the following regarding treatment visits during arch development for patients undergoing archwire development in the early-mid mixed dentition:
- Visit intervals.
- Procedure(s) to perform at each visit to maximize efficiency and efficacy.
- The shape, size, and sequence of archwires to be used.
- Strategies for maximizing patient comfort and minimizing emergency visits.
- Techniques for efficiently and effectively creating and maintaining space for the erupting permanent teeth.
- Management of loose primary teeth.
- Demonstrate the aforementioned clinical techniques using videos taken during actual patient adjustment visits.
- Teach providers how to troubleshoot challenges that may arise during treatment.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Course Cost: $395
- DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching, LLC designates this activity for 4.0 continuing education credits.
- Original Release Date: March 20, 2023
- Expiration Date: March 20, 2025
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: No refunds – all course purchases are final.
- Teaching Methods: Electronically Mediated Online Course
- Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at CCEPR.ADA.org.
Michael K. DeLuke, DDS, MDS
Board Certified Orthodontist
President, DeLuke Orthodontics
Owner, DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
DeLuke Orthodontic Coaching is a for-profit dental CE Provider.